Buy the Potato breeding book and get 1 year Potato World Magazine for free
Aardappelwereld (PotatoWorld) Ltd. published a handbook for potato breeders in collaboration with the Louis Bolk Institute, Wageningen University and many others. All skills needed for successful potato breeding are revealed in the publication (170 pages with full colour pictures).
The handsomely designed manual is most informative and inspiring for every player in the potato chain. It is now published in English, Dutch and Chinese.
Table of contents:
- Development of potato breeding in the Netherlands
- Potato breeding in a nutshell
- Varieties for organic potato production
- The inheritance of traits
- The practice of making crosses
- Crossing with wild species
- The practice of varietal selection
- Registration of varieties